Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello February!...well, I THINK it's February??

Well, February has started off slightly warm...yes, 65-70 degrees is warm...too warm...way too warm. Today while driving to Forest City I noticed something very unusual...fully budded small trees and bushes. Very unusual! Sure do hope the peach and apple trees don't get too confused or else there will be no crops this summer/fall! What a blessing to know that God knows all about it since He alone orders the seasons and their changes! Nothing takes Him by surprise and where one fruit may not do well this year, others will and God will provide just what we need! Whew...sure takes the pressure off of trying to figure out what to do with worrisome situations!

Once again, I'm writing at an ungodly hour of the day...lol! Monday it was 5:15 in the morning and today it's 11:30 pm! Well, this time it's my fault:-) I set my fresh ground wheat out to soak last night and I forgot about it today until 9:00 tonight. Well, I'm NOT about to let all that goodness go to waste, so I'm burning the midnight oil (well, almost anyways:-) to finish the sandwich rolls. Adalyn was VERY excited before bed and queried the finish time of the bread. I assured her it would be here for breakfast. That girl LOVES bread! She'd eat it all day long if I let her! I also had to get the yogurt into the dehydrator, get the oats soaking for granola and Caleb's cereal, AND tidy up:-) Sleep is an overrated thing anyways...who needs it??? ;-) 

All in all, it has been a good start to February and I'm looking forwards to the completion of several projects that have been on hold since Caleb arrived:-) We've finished a few already this week and when March rolls around, Lord willing, the rest will be done!
I have some things coming up that right now seem like the end result is not going to be my cup of tea, but I know that the same Good Shepherd that has been with me all the way till now will be the same Good Shepherd then, no matter the outcome! 

I've really enjoyed my children this week. They have been such blessing to me and I know I take them for granted way too much. Adalyn made a remark this week that just thrilled me and I wanted to share it. Sunday afternoon we were getting ready for Church and she said, "Mommy, I love Church!" I said, "You do? I'm so glad! Why do you love it so much?" She replied, "Because we get to hear about Jesus and I love Him!" Out of the mouth of babes...:-) Kinda convicting too:-) I don't always think about Church like that. Sundays come and go and I don't even stop and think about the significance of the day. It is a privilege to worship our Lord and I hope that in the days to come, I will remember that my Lord loves to be worshiped and that I should love to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!