Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Countdown begins

Someone very special turned 11 months old today! Our sweet little Caleb is now only one month away from his first birthday and honestly, I don't know how I feel about that yet...lol! 

He is growing up so quickly and everyday I find myself hanging on to each little moment with him as long as I can. He finally decided today that THIS was the DAY to start crawling! He has finally gotten the hand of "drive and not reverse":-) He is so cute to watch because he gets tired out after a bit and goes into the "army crawl":-) BUT, at least he can get himself where he needs to go and it will only be a few days before he's crawling all over the house. 


A couple of days ago I pulled out the pictures from his birth and looked through them all again. I've only been able to do that a couple of times since that day because it brings back so many feelings and emotions. I am amazed at the goodness of God that was extended to us by allowing Caleb to live and be a testimony of the power of the God we serve to so many people. I don't think we will know until we get to heaven just how many people's lives were touched through all that. I know that ours changed drastically that day and that we have learned so much this past year. 






I still can't put up any photos from recent days as something is internally wrong with the card reader on the computer, but just to be able to sit in the floor and sing with him, watch him crawl, listen to him giggle at his sisters, and watch him while he sleeps in his own bed is testimony enough to me that there IS a God in Heaven who loves Caleb, gave him life, protected him in the NICU, and has kept him healthy and strong during his first year of life! There is NO other explanation other than...GOD. Our little man's entrance into this world was planned by God from the moment HE breathed life into him. God knew all about Caleb then and He had a special plan. There were people that we didn't know even existed that needed to hear the Gospel. Others will be helped somewhere down the road because we will be able to say "we know, we've been there...let us help you". We needed to be taught how to lean on our Lord more. We needed to see Him be real in a way we had not seen yet. Our girls needed to see God do things that could only be explained as "GOD". 


Yes, it has been difficult. But, I think the best is yet to be:-) I believe that others that we've been praying so earnestly for will receive Christ. I believe that Caleb will be a man after God's own heart in whatever capacity God puts him in. I don't care if he grows up to be a garbage collector,  so long as he loves his Lord and serves Him with ALL his heart! I love my little man and am so thankful that the Lord gave him to us! I will have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in Truth! 


So "Happy 11 mos. Day" to a special little guy who has brought much joy into this family!! We love you buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!