Monday, November 21, 2011

... "be thankful unto Him and bless His name..."

Before this week gets any busier than it already is, I wanted to stop and take a minute to thank the Lord for His wonderful works to the children of men, especially me. I do not deserve what I have been given in Christ. His salvation of my soul is the greatest thing that I have on this earth and what a joy it is to know that had I been the only living being on this earth, He still would have sent His Son to pay for me to be able to accept the gift of eternal life. What a blessing! Nothing that can be given or gotten here on this earth can equal in nature to this most precious gift.

Yes, I am not perfect **aaahhh, didn't know that did you??? hehehehe** and I regret to say that I have not had an attitude of gratefulness lately like I should have. I have let circumstances dictate my attitude of gratefulness and I have let the pressures of life shift my attention from others to self. But God in all His loving kindness reminded me of some much needed spiritual truths this week through preaching and my own private time with Him and I am thankful for that. I cannot imagine trying to work out life without my Lord to lead, guide, reprove, rebuke, and order my steps. Even though He must at times chasten and rebuke, He still loves me and wants me to be a successful Christian so that my life may exemplify His to those around me!

I am looking forwards to showing my gratefulness in a different way this Thanksgiving day. My husband, children, and myself have been given the opportunity to minister to the families staying in the Ronald McDonald house in Winston Salem through preparing and serving dinner to them. Having been in the same situation as many of them are currently in, I know how it encouraged our hearts when others came in and ministered to us during our dark days and we hope that we will be able to do the same! The girls and I will be making homemade bread to serve that day and will begin making our 300 rolls tomorrow afternoon, Lord willing;-)

What better way to say "thank you" to the Lord for His Blessings than to turn and give of those blessings to someone who cannot "bless" you back?  We are looking forwards to spending our day, not stuffing ourselves into an early afternoon nap, but wearing ourselves out for the glory of God! Maybe we will have the opportunity to share the Gospel! Who knows? But this we do know, our God has given us much and as believers in Christ we can let our light so shine by getting out there in the world and letting them see it shine! People don't care how much you know until they know you care!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and don't forget to not just count your blessings, but SHARE your blessings with those who need it and remember that what they need the most is CHRIST! Pictures to follow...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!