Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkins don't grow in cans!

I usually keep two cans of pumpkin puree in my cabinet for last minute Thanksgiving needs. Well, I pulled one out tonight to make a pumpkin spice cake for the weekend (don't worry, I used freshly ground white wheat, honey, etc...;-) and Adalyn piped up....

"Mom, what are you doing??"

Yes, my 5 year old has not seen me open a can in almost a year, so naturally she doesn't remember...lol! She did not know what the can opener was, nor did she believe me when I said I was opening a can of pumpkin. She replied, "That's not pumpkin!" Her daddy asked her what pumpkin was and she pointed to the cushaw's on top of the fridge...lol!

Oh well, I guess she'll not ever be confused when she grows up about what is and what isn't food...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!