Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Local Yummy Treats

Several people have asked me "Where do you get fresh food?"...so...I thought I would share with you what I got from our local Farmers Fresh Market in Forrest City, NC!

This market is a unique place to be early every Saturday morning:-) The people are unique and the produce is unique..sometimes I don't even know what some of the stuff is...lol...but you can rest assured whatever it may be, it will be clean and good for you:-)

I am going to take my camera with me this Saturday to see if I can get more pictures of all the different things they offer...freshly made breads and pies, herbs, corn, peppers, cukes, watermelons, goat milk soap made from fresh goats' milk, etc...

Here are some pictures of what all I bought this past Saturday (minus the two bars of soap:-) and it only cost me $20!







Here's a link to a site of a local farmer that offers fresh meat at the market every other Saturday. You can also go out to his farm and get meat there as well!

www.c-sawhill.com 

If you are interested in fresh produce, you can check out the farmers market at the Tri-City mall in Forrest City on Saturdays from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, but you really need to get there early because sometimes they are wiped out by 10:00-10:30!

You can also check out this other great place to buy fresh produce...FarmersFreshMarket.org for more great produce and meats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!