Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Organic and Natural Summer Body Care Recipes Part 2

Lavender Oil Body Mist
I love Lavender :-)

I love the smell of it, the color of it, everything...

Lavender has been one of my best friends the past couple of years because it can do so many different things! You can add a few drops to your soap mixture if you make bar soap, you can use 20 drops to give a delightful scent to homemade laundry powder, it eases muscle aches and pains when rubbed directly on to the sore spot, and last of all, you can make a body spritz with it!!!

This body mist is A.W.E.S.O.M.E!! Here's what you do...

Take an empty hairspray bottle (make sure you've cleaned it out very good!!) and pour in 2 oz. of fresh purified/distilled water. Do NOT use city water, please! It's full of chlorine and you don't want to be constantly spraying chlorine all over your skin!
To the 2 oz. of water, add in 40 drops of organic lavender essential oil. Shake well. Spritz all over face and chest and pat in to absorb. Do this several times throughout your day and it will give you an immediate "pick me up" as well as calm you! It's amazing! **this can be doubled**

I do this every day and I love how fresh and bright my skin looks! It works wonders for problematic skin and will not clog your pores. Actually, it does the opposite especially if you spritz your face immediately after a workout and wipe it clean with a towel, and then re-spritz it.   

Now this is something that I came up with myself so I am not  diagnosing or treating problematic skin issues. I am just sharing something that I've had great success with! It has also helped me calm myself while dealing with stressful situations because lavender is a known stress reliever! aka....screaming toddler all day???!!

You can also make yourself a delicious stress/pain relieving tea from fresh or dried lavender flowers by either brewing the flowers in a coffee pot with a filter just as you would coffee, or by steeping them in hot water for 4 hours to make a stronger infusion. When finished, just add some raw honey and drink those stresses away! 

The Lavender body mist is great to spritz on bug bites or onto little baby bottom rashes...I speak from personal experience :-) Lavender is a healing herb so anyway that you use it...spritz's, soaps, salves...it is going to bring healing in a very safe and natural way! 

So get out there and try something new and be happy in the fact that what you are using is completely safe and chemical free and smells divine to boot :-) 

**tomorrow I will not be sharing a post because I will be helping my Dad process the family's meat chickens. I'm looking forwards to having a freezer FULL of delicious meat that is safe to eat because I know how they were raised and what they were raised on! But, that's a post for another day:-)**

Thursday I will be posting  a Natural Sunscreen recipe that I personally use for all of us! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!