Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A simply home remedy for the Winter Woes!

Here is a simple home remedy that I make and use all winter time long to keep our family healthy! This is one of those simple things that makes you say after you make it, "Now why didn't I do that before!!!" lol!

Here's what you do....
 Ingredients:
  3-4 cloves of fresh garlic
  1 ginger root
  1 lemon
  Raw Honey (not found in grocery stores - what's in the store comes from bees fed sugar water that is more times than not, sweetened with a sugar substitute!)  

On the finest side of your grater, grate 3-4 whole cloves of fresh garlic and a good sized chunk of freshly peeled ginger root. You'll have to scrape if off the outside and in inside to get it all because it will be very juicy when you're done. Next, using a hand juicer, juice 1 whole lemon. Pick out the seeds....duh...lol!
Combine lemon juice, raw honey equal in volume to the amount of lemon juice you squeezed, the garlic and ginger. Mix it all together and store in a glass jar in your fridge. Take 1-2 tsp. per day in a glass of warm water!

Now, if you are a brave person who likes their gizzard to feel like it is on fire, then you can take the stuff straight!! I licked my mixing spoon after I was done stirring everything up together (like I normally do, but I don't double dip;-) and WHOA! That stuff has a bite! Then, I mixed it in warm licorice root/fennel tea and it was just perfect! It warms your insides but doesn't burn:-)

This will keep for one week in the fridge, but I doubt it will last that long:-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!