Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ephesians 4:32

"Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

I was reminded today in my meditation time that I've been forgiven so much! I cannot be as the unjust servant who was forgiven a great debt to only turn around and imprison a weaker one for a lesser debt.

We cannot say that we love our God if we cannot forgive our brothers and sisters. God is just, but He is also kind. Our relationship with Christ grows stronger as we exercise on others the same love that He bestowed upon us! 

No fountain can spew forth bitter and sweet waters, nor can a tree yield forth two different kinds of fruit! Wouldn't that be a sight to see:-) The thought came to mind of a little song Patch the Pirate wrote... "Your walk talks and your talk talks, but your walk talks LOUDER than your talk talks. You cannot hide what's inside, it's sure to get out. Your words may whisper but your actions shout...Hippo critter, hippo critter! You say one thing and do the oppo-sitter! It's a funny life, full of empty glitter. God's NOT PLEASED with a counterfeiter!" Funny how those little songs get stuck in your head...good reminder though! 

So today as I go about my day, may I remember who I am, where I came from, and what I've been forgiven! May the Lord help us to not just speak His words, but live His words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!