Friday, April 24, 2015

Scripture Plaques for the Christ-Centered Home Review




     A few weeks ago I was approached by MaryEllen over at Imperfect Homemaker  (who has a wonderful blog for Moms striving to raise Godly Children and manage their homes in a Christ Honoring way )to do a review on some Scripture plaques made by Joy Lyon over at Tell the Story on Etsy!

I headed over to check them out and I was very pleased with the selection that Joy had! It was SO hard to choose which one I wanted to do a review on because, quite honestly, I wanted them all! I love to put up Scripture and Scripture based sayings in my home because it keeps my thoughts focused on Heavenly things while going about my seemingly mundane earthly responsibilities. 

The Psalmist said in Psalm 26:3 "For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy Truth." This is EXACTLY what I want for my home! For the goodness of the Lord to be before us from morning to evening. Joy Lyon's signs can help me and you accomplish just that!

I received the plaque very quickly in the mail and I was SO pleased! It was even more beautiful than the picture :-) 

Isn't this sign just gorgeous???!!!
I chose the  Phil. 4:8  sign because not only is this one of my favorite scripture verses, but my Mom made up a little song to teach it to us when we were little and that permanently cemented it in my heart and mind! This verse has kept me from doing many a wrong thing and I hope that having it up in my house will do the same for my children! 

This beautiful  sign came done on high quality lightweight board, professionally painted, distressed, and lettered. I love the variations on the lettering! Each style of print that Joy selected properly conveyed the meaning of each word in the verse....LOVE IT!

I will have this beautiful sign hanging on the wall above our school cabinet in my kitchen (yes, my kitchen is so big that I have two armoires for two school computers in there!!! lol!!!) so that this verse is DAILY before our eyes, reminding us of the good things we should keep our minds focused on!

So take a little jaunt over to Joy's Etsy Shop and browse around! I KNOW you either will  find the perfect sign or Joy will help you create your perfect sign! She does that, you know? Isn't that wonderful? If she doesn't have exactly what you are looking for, you can contact her and share your favorite verse or Scripture saying and she will create a sign JUST FOR YOU! 

As for me, I will definitely be buying from Joy again! Her work is customizable, high quality, and would make the perfect gift for any and all of your families and friends! I can PROMISE you that you will NOT be disappointed! I can't wait to get more of Joy Lyon's work up on my walls and upon my heart!!

Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart...Proverbs 3:3"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments relevant to the material posted. Any inappropriate comments will be removed. Thank you!